- It is always best to call and speak with a licensed agent. They are able to help you get answers to all of your important Medicare questions, as well as help you shop all plans that are available to you in your area. The bad news is that if you happen upon someone who works exclusively for one insurer you could get stuck in a plan that is inappropriate for you. It is best to find an agent who has your best interest at the forefront, and not just someone who is trying to sell a plan.
- Your agent should help to ensure that all your doctors and medications are in the plan
- Your agent should know about federal and state programs available to help those with financial limitations.
- The agent should represent multiple plans and options
There are both federal and state laws that govern Medicare agents who are selling plans.
- These laws bar them from things such as showing up to your house uninvited to sell or endorse any Medicare related product.
- An agent or broker cannot offer you cash for your enrollment in a plan.
- They also cannot legally charge you a fee to process your enrollment.
During an important time such as this you will want to go with an agent you can trust.
Don't just listen to us though, take it from our happy clients! Click the button below to hear what other people are saying about Trusted Senior Specialists.