Happiness doesn’t just feel good, it is also good for us!
When was the last time you intentionally tried being happy when things were not going right?
To be happy all the time you need to make happiness a habit and not just an act.
Try using some of the following points to try and stay happy no matter what comes your way.
- Give yourself fun rewards: Think “If I make it through this task I can do _____”
You could even make yourself a rewards jar full of things you would like to do. Reward yourself regularly.
- Quit complaining: Let’s face it, nobody likes a whiner. Even when a situation is trying, strive to find something good about it. Looking at it from a different perspective can help.
- Live each day more consciously: Life is something to be experienced, not something to sleepwalk your way through. Take time to appreciate the little things in life.
- Discover your life's passions: What are some things you have always wanted to do? Or try? Find what sets your soul on fire and do it!
- Learn from criticism: Be open to criticism, and learn from it, but don’t live there. Be open to learning new ways and move forward.
- Be compassionate: When you do something nice for others you will feel good about yourself and your abilities. Do a good deed daily for someone without expecting something in return. It doesn’t have to be big.
- Let go of relationships that don’t serve you: Negative people, dishonest people and those who don’t respect you? Get rid of them. There is no room for people like that in your life. Friendships are to be enjoyed so spend time with people who lift you up.
- Keep learning and developing yourself: Never stop learning. It helps keep the mind sharp. Take the time to learn a new skill or hobby.
- Practice self-care: Identify what your needs are and make sure you are meeting them. Make time to perform activities that will nurture you. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others.
- Have a mini dance party: If you want to put a smile on your face, put on some of your favorite music and groove to the beat! You will be smiling in no time as you feel your spirits being lifted.
- Remember your value: When things seem bleak, take time to think back to some of your best accomplishments.
Wake up every morning knowing that today is a new day full of limitless possibilities and make the most of it!
Give us a call: