March is the month dedicated to celebrating women. Women’s History Monthhas been declared a time in which we can reflect on and celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of women around the world. Every woman is a trailblazer in her own right, and we feel that it is important to recognize the drive and dedication of all women and girls today.
In honor of celebrating global sisterhood we were inspired to put together a list of ways in which you can celebrate women (and yourself!) this month.
- Thank A Woman Who Inspires You: Send a note or a call a woman (or women) who have inspired you. Share your appreciation with them. You never know just how much your words of kindness will mean to someone.
- Support A Woman Owned Business: If there is not one local to you, look online. Etsy is a great place to start.
- Learn And Be Inspired: Read about or watch a documentary about great women throughout history. Biography Online has compiled a good list of women innovators to get you started.
- Share Your Story: Do you have a story to tell? Let it be your gift to the world. You could be a mentor to a younger woman or girl. There is no telling who or how many people your story will touch. Try submitting a written piece to a local publication. You could even start a blog or a Youtube channel to reach a larger audience.
- Spend Time With Your Girlfriends: There is no mistaking that many of us feel refreshed and encouraged after spending time with our friends. Studies have even shown that healthy relationships can make aging more enjoyable, lessen grief, and provide camaraderie to help you reach your personal goals.
- Practice Self Care: Self Care is one of the best gifts we can award ourselves. We are taught from a young age to love others, so why not put as much time and effort into loving ourselves? When we take the time to love ourselves it deepens our ability to care for others and helps to broaden our capacity to love. Commit to exercise, listen to music, take a nap, meditate, take up a hobby… the list is endless!
- Make Your Health A Priority: If you are on Medicare it is important to know that there are many Preventative Services available to you to ensure that you keep yourself in the best health possible. Be proactive and have regular screenings done. Take advantage of immunizations that are covered by Medicare to help prevent illness.
Do you have questions regarding Medicare and Preventative Services? We are here for you. Give us a call and it would be our pleasure to assist you in getting the answers to your important questions 1-855-474-6234
Do you need trusted advice regarding Medicare, how it works, or where to enroll?
Give one of our licensed agents a call:
1 (855) 474-6234 TTY-711
or schedule an appointment at your convienence!